Welcome to the Eye Community Website!
Eye, in North Suffolk, has a rich history that is reflected in the diverse architecture and other features in this quiet and pleasant town.
With several Bed and Breakfasts, over 20 shops and lots of footpaths and interesting walks, it is an ideal base for exploring the area's attractive villages, countryside, amenities and attractions.
Take a tour around the site, perhaps using the interactive map to get started.
Lighting in Eye Town
Approximately 55% (130) of the street lights in Eye and surrounding areas are owned by Eye Town Council. The remaining 45% are owned by Suffolk County Council and Mid Suffolk District Council.
Suffolk County Council have recently made a decision to switch the lights that they own to an 'Intelligent Lighting System' whereby the lights are programmed to switch on and off at certain times of the day and night. This came into effect at the end of July. For more details on SCC's decision and a map detailing which lights are effected, click here.
Please note that although Eye Town Council have also agreed to move to the new system, they have yet to debate and decide which lights will be turned on and off and at what time. All residents will be informed when the final decisions are made.
RoSPA inspections of the skate and pocket parks
The Town Council Needs You!
We're looking for volunteers to help with weekly safety inspections of the two town council owned play parks in town. Do you fancy taking your kids to the park once every couple of months or so? Are you often walking the dog and able to spend a half hour checking the state of equipment?
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get straight back to you. Full training provided.
We're working on this site to show off the best of what Eye has to offer to visitors as well as residents. While we're doing that, you'll notice quite a few sections have still to be completed, but that's your opportunity to get involved! If you'd like to see something on here which you don't think is catered for, use the 'Let Us Know' form to tell us about it. In time we're sure this site will be as rich and varied as the town itself.