This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to become a paediatric first-aider in the workplace, with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children.
What this course includes:
- the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first-aider
- to be able to provide first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- to be able to provide first aid for an infant or a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- to be able to administer first aid to an infant or a child with head and spinal injuries
- how to administer first aid to an infant or a child who has sustained an electric shock
- how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies.
Duration is 9am – 5pm, on 2 Tuesdays, one week apart.
Who this qualification is for:
- it is intended for learners already working or preparing to work in the industry
- it meets the requirements for paediatric first aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014
Please note: This course can be delivered at your place of business or a venue of your choosing for groups of up to 12 delegates.