January 15, 2019
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to become a paediatric first-aider in the workplace, with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children.
What this course includes:
- the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first-aider
- to be able to provide first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- to be able to provide first aid for an infant or a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- to be able to administer first aid to an infant or a child with head and spinal injuries
- how to administer first aid to an infant or a child who has sustained an electric shock
- how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies.
Duration is 9am – 5pm, on 2 Tuesdays, one week apart.
Who this qualification is for:
- it is intended for learners already working or preparing to work in the industry
- it meets the requirements for paediatric first aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014
Please note: This course can be delivered at your place of business or a venue of your choosing for groups of up to 12 delegates.
This is a Qualifications Network UK accredited 6 hour Workplace First aid qualification that covers the following:
- The role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Managing First Aid incidents.
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty who is/is not breathing normally.
- Controlling major bleeding.
- Burns, breaks and minor injuries
- First Aid Kits
- Safe use of a defibrillator
Cost: £70 per person
January 11, 2019
Is your child in Key Stage 2 (years 3-6)? Are they in their first year of learning to play an instrument?
Starting from 8 January 2019, Suffolk County Music Service is hosting Beginner Ensembles across Suffolk. Created especially for young musicians in KS2, children are invited to join an ensemble to:
- develop their skills
- make progress
- play as a group
- learn new music
and have fun!
Join us at Stradbroke High School, Wilby Road, IP21 5JN on Fridays at 4.15pm. We meet weekly during term-time.
Free membership is available for those pupils learning with Suffolk County Music Service. The usual termly charge applies for those not learning with the Music Service. Further details are on our website.
Please visit our website, Beginner Ensembles, for more information, call us 01473 263400 or email County Music.