Sunday 26th August 2018
We would love to see your entries for the Competitions & Produce Show
Everyone is welcome to enter.
Here is the schedule for Flowers, Fruit and Vegetables, Cakes, Preserves
Flowers—Home or Allotment Grown
1. A vase of 3 dahlias—can be mixed colours and varieties
2. A vase of mixed flowers of any sort
Fruit and Vegetables—Home or Allotment Grown
3. The longest runner bean
4. The largest marrow—length and girth added together
5. 3 apples on a plate—can be mixed types and sizes
6. 3 vegetables on a plate—mixed types
7. A vase of culinary herbs—3 types
Flowers, fruit and vegetables in classes 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 will be judged on appearance, looking for freshness and cleanness.
Cakes and Savouries—Home-made
8. A victoria sandwich—any size, with jam filling and no icing
9. 4 fruit scones on a plate
10. 6 cheese straws on a plate
Cakes and savouries will be judged on appearance and taste.
11. A jar of jam or jelly—any flavour and size
12. A jar of marmalade—any flavour and size
Preserves will be judged on colour, set and taste.
For Children under 12 years old
13. A miniature garden on a plate—maximum size 25cm
14. 1 decorated cup-cake—to be judged on decoration only
The judges’ decisions will be final in all cases.
In memory of Chris Muttock, who revived the Eye Town Show, a special trophy will be awarded for
Best In Show—Flowers, Fruit or Vegetables
Please bring your entries to the Produce Tent at the Community Centre on
Sunday 26th August between 9 and 11am
Judging will take place at 11.15am
There will be a small charge of 50p for each entry. Entries may be collected at the end of the show, or after 3pm.
Further details from Verena Carr—01379 870578 – firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no need to register your entries in advance—just come along on the day.
We look forward to seeing and tasting your produce, and hope that you will take home a winning rosette.