The Finance and Governance Committee
The Role of the Finance and Governance Committee
- To have oversight of, and review on a rolling cycle, all standing and financial orders, policies & procedures, terms of reference and to recommend changes as required. To draft new governance arrangements for new areas of the Council’s work.
- To work with the Clerk to prepare the Council budget including the setting of the precept.
- To monitor income and expenditure, within the budget estimates approved by the Town Council, and make necessary recommendations.
- To oversee any tender arrangements (over £500)
- To consider any expenditure proposed by other Committees, Sub-Committees, Working Groups and Project Steering Groups above that included in the current budget estimates.
- To review annually the structure and make up of committees, sub-committees, working groups and external appointments.
- To review and make recommendations to Council (unless that process has been previously delegated) agree any contracts or partnership agreements with external agencies.
- To oversee the grant and donation process for the Council ensuring an assessment and recommendation of any grant and donation requests is made using any agreed criteria and taking due consideration of the budget.
- To take an overview of all staffing matters working with the Clerk as line manager as appropriate. This will include but not limited to recruitment, contracts, pay and benefits, discipline and complaints and regular performance reviews..
- To oversee the recruitment, of Town Councillors in the event of vacancy.
- To have oversight of health and safety issues for the Council including receiving reviewed risk assessments from other Committees on an annual basis.
- To deal with any complaints against the Council or individual councillors using the procedures as detailed in standing Orders and allied documents as appropriate.
- To bring to other Committees or the Council matters of significance that might arise including through correspondence with other bodies.
- Any other matter referred to the Finance and Governance Committee by the Town Council.
- Undertake an other business as delegated by Eye Town Council.
- Current Chair Cllr Andrew Evitt.
- Standard Agenda is as follows :-Standard Finance and Governance Agenda
|Finance Governance 2019|
|7th February||Agenda||Minutes||Risk Register 2018 / Asset Register Eye Town Council 2019|
|7th March||Agenda||Minutes||Environment Fee & Charges comparison 2019 / Internal Control Statement 2019-20|
|6th June||Agenda||Minutes||Budget Report May 2019 / Annual Governance & Accountability Return 2018-19 / Eye Town Council – Internal Audit Report End-of-Year 2018-19 (Final)|
|Finance Governance 2018|
|05.07.2018||Agenda||Minutes||Appendix one – Compassionate Leave 2018|
|08.11.2018||Agenda||Minutes||Eye Town Council – Interim Internal Audit Report 25 October 2018 (Final Copy)|
|06.12.2018||Agenda||Minutes||November Budget Monitoring|
|Finance Governance 2016|
|3.2.2016||Agenda February 2016||Notes from FG Committee 3-2-16|
|13.4.2016||Agenda 13th April 2016||Finance and Governance Minutes April 13 2016|
|8.6.2016||Agenda 8th June 2016||Notes Finance and Governance 8_6_16|
|6.7.2016||Standard Finance and Governance Agenda||Notes Finance and Governance 6_7_16|
|15.11.2016|| Minutes 2-11-16
|10.10.2017||Minutes||Internet Banking & CC procedures|
|02.11.2017||Agenda||Minutes||Asset Management Risk AssessmentLocal Plan ResponseProject Manager’s ReportArchaeological ReportPropsed BudgetRevised SO18-SALC
|07.12.2017||Agenda||Minutes|| Policy and Review List
|Committee Meetings 2015|
|3.3.2015||Standard Finance and Governance Agenda||Finance and Governance 3 3 2015|
|1.4.2015||Standard Finance and Governance Agenda||Finance and Governance 1 4 2015|
|13.5.2015||Standard Finance and Governance Agenda||Finance and Governance Notes 13.5.15|
|3.6.2015||Standard Finance and Governance Agenda||Finance and Governance Minutes 3 6 2015|
|1.7.2015||Standard Finance and Governance Agenda||Finance and Governance Minutes 1 7 2015|
|14.10.2015||Standard Finance and Governance Agenda||Finance and Governance Minutes Oct2015|
|2.12.2015||Finance and Governance Agenda||FG minutes December 2 2015|